Springmakers manufacture a wide a variety of torsion springs to our customers' exact specific requirements. Our full design and prototyping service allows the time between initial conception to working product to take only a matter of hours.
The torsional force is applied to the body of the spring via the legs, the direction of coiling determines the direction of use i.e. clockwise or anticlockwise rotation. There are numerous options for leg configuration and will predominantly be determined by the method by which they are attached to the mechanism as a whole. We can offer a wide variety of options to include: straight legs, loops, complex bends and double torsion varieties.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Silicon Chrome
- Chrome Vanadium
- Phosphor Bronze
- Various grades of alloy steels including Inconel and Nimonic
Various plating and finishes can be applied to improve resistance to adverse environments:
- Zinc Plate (Yellow/silver etc)
- Nylon Coatings (e.g. Xylan)
- Delta Tone/Seal
- Powder-coating in any colour
- Light Oil Coating
Request an Torsion Spring Quote...
For Quotation purposes it will helpful to provide the following information (If a pre-existing design is available; if not just supply us with a brief description of its function and working environment to aid design):
- Material type and size
- Outside/Inside diameter of the spring body
- Free Length inside the loops
- End eye configuration e.g full loops, swivel eyes, extended loops etc.
- Spring rate/ Load at pre-determined extended length
Please Telephone 01594 825 928 with your enquiry
Outside office hours please email your request through using our contact Springmakers Redditch form.